COURSE OUTLINE FOR HEATED & CHILLED STONE MASSAGE WORKSHOP
Pre-requisites: Basic anatomy and physiology. Understanding of massage terms and basic massage moves.
- This course will cover aspects of thermotherapy & cyrotherapy and how to apply the principles of only using heated and chilled stones within the massage.
- A complete 90 min treatment is taught. In this class you will learn how to do specialized massage techniques combined with heated stones.
- The proper placement of stones on the body which will result in deeper relaxation of your client.
- Precautions and Contra-indications for the treatment
- Learnt remedial techniques for optimum outcome for the clients
Student Learning Outcome:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Heated & chilled Stones work within a massage.
- Demonstrate how to give a heated and chilled Stone massage.
- Describe how thermotherapy works to heal and decongest the body.
- Prepare heated and chilled Stones for a full body Stone Treatment.
- Understand why some health or medical conditions of the client disallow them to have the treatment.
General Course Objective:
To ensure the therapist is competent and confident to perform a 90 minute Heated and chilled Stone Massage.
Written and Practical exam.
Minimum 18 hour course