COURSE OUTLINE FOR HOT STONE MASSAGE WORKSHOP
Pre-requisites: Basic anatomy and physiology. Understanding of massage terms and basic massage moves.
- This course will cover aspects of thermotherapy and how to apply the principles of only using heated stones within the massage.
- A complete 60 min treatment is taught. In this class you will learn how to do specialized massage techniques combined with heated stones.
- The proper placement of stones on the body which will result in deeper relaxation of your client.
Student Learning Outcome:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how Warm Stones work within a massage.
- Demonstrate how to give a Warm Stone massage.
- Describe how thermotherapy works to heal and decongest the body.
- Prepare Warm Stones for a full body Stone Treatment.
- Understand why some health or medical conditions of the client disallow them to have the treatment.
General Course Objective:
To ensure the therapist is competent and confident to perform a 60 minute Warm Stone Massage.
Written and Practical exam.
Minimum 8 hour course